[arch-general] Thunderbird bugging with Lightning + Enigmail

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:55:58 EST 2009

On 12/15/2009 06:30 AM, Magnus Therning wrote:
> It is required if you want to sign/encrypt emails using GnuPG/PGP, TB
> can only handle certificate based sign/encrypt on its own.

How are you guys getting enigmail installed with TB 3.X? Every time I try and install it, it tells me that it is incompatible with my version of TB?? Are there '2' different enigmails at mozilla.org? (if so, I haven't gone far enough down the list)

Magnus is 100% correct about the gnupg/pgp operation requiring enigmail. I went through the default certificate config and confirmed there was no way to make my gpg keys work. I'm glad to hear that enigmail will allow integration again. (one I find the right one -- or once the package is upgraded for 3.x)

The cost of progress....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC