[arch-general] Thunderbird bugging with Lightning + Enigmail

Thomas Jost thomas.jost at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 05:58:59 EST 2009

Le 19/12/2009 10:00, David C. Rankin a écrit :
> On 12/18/2009 06:30 AM, Thomas Jost wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm the maintainer of the enigmail package on AUR, and I've contributed
>> x86_64 builds of Enigmail since the 0.95.7 release.
>>
>> The .xpi on the website is built using the AUR package, so both are good ;)
>>

> Thomas,
>
> 	Thank you for all your effort. While we have you here, "How can I get me themes to work in TB 3?" I can get all the firefox extensions to work with extensions.checkUpdateSecurity=false, but that doesn't work with TB. Is the change to 3.0 actually a change that makes the themes incompatible rather than a security check issue?
>
> 	Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

I don't know much about themes (I'm happy with the default one), but it
seems they are pretty much like extensions: you can unzip them, edit the
install.rdf file and bump the maxVersion to something like "3.0.*",
recompress them, and then try to install them. (emacs users, you can of
course edit the file in the archive without having to unzip it first :))

Another note: extensions.checkUpdateSecurity is used to check if
extensions provide secure updates. To disable compatibility checks, you
should use extensions.checkCompatibility. According to [1], this should
work in Thunderbird as well as in Firefox.

Please keep in mind that I did not test what I'm suggesting here. Making
a backup of your TB profile first may be a very good idea :)

[1] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions.checkCompatibility#Has_an_effect_in

--
Thomas/Schnouki