[arch-general] Automount

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sat Dec 19 08:51:08 EST 2009

New install using the latest USB install image.

I am having trouble with automounting in KDE both usb and dvd/cd roms

This is the error from an error dialog box

Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.9"
(uid=1000 pid=4563 comm="kded [kdeinit] --new-startup)
interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0
pid=4323 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))

I have looked at the wiki Hal and haven't figured this out,

I am of the option that this is related to consolekit,  Is there a wiki entry
for consolekit ? I havn't found one.

Also the newer version of cups doesn't allow me to setup the duplexer on my HP
LaserJet 2300d, the older one always worked.

Thanks for your help