[arch-general] What ISO will load a kernel in an AMD K62/450?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Dec 27 21:39:19 EST 2009

Guys,

After the recent discussion about arch working well on old hardware, I decided to dump a suse 10.3 install on an old AMD K6-2/450 and install arch on it. I downloaded the net install iso i686. I knew if it was truly i686 it wouldn't install -- and it didn't.

My question is which Arch download, if any, can install on this old hardware. (currently a great little fax server, backup DNS/dhcp box and 40G of storage.) Any help (or the right link) would be appreciated.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC