[arch-general] Kernel panic with kernel26 2.6.32.2-2 from [core]

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Dec 31 09:49:51 EST 2009

Am Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:50:34 +0100
schrieb Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de>:

> You could try to add all needed modules(filesystem,controllers etc.)
> to MODULES= array in initcpio.conf, perhaps the autodetection is not
> working for some reason.
> Just a guess,
> greetings
> tpowa

Forgot to say that the kernel panic happened with
kernel26-fallback.img, too. And the fallback image hasn't autodetection.

I'm currently downgrading to [core] each package one by one and see if
and when the kernel panic reappears.

Another possibility is that something was broken before, wrong file
permission of a file, a file was overwritten or whatever which hadn't
had an impact before and that this was fixed by reinstalling/updating
the appropriate package. Probably just reinstalling the appropriate
package from [core], whatever package it was, would have helped, too.

Greetings,
Heiko