[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Maintainer wanted for ruby

Johannes Held mail at hehejo.de
Thu Feb 5 03:11:57 EST 2009

Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:
> I think very little in [extra] depends on ruby (needed plugins mainly),
> but the is quite a bit in [community].  I thought BaSh used to maintain
> some of them so perhaps he wants to be the maintainer.  Anyway, the
> transition to the 1.9 series in not minor (as in plug-ins need ported)
> so if no-one volunteers, I will just continue with the 1.8 series until
> such a time as something in our repos really needs 1.9.
>
> Allan

I did an update via abs right know and ran into some smaller problems:
- Ruby 1.9.1 now includes rubygems, so I had to remove that first.
- /usr/bin/rake wasn't owned by any package.
- vim (compiled with --enable-rubyinterp) won't work (and compile)

However, ruby 1.9.1 is really faster than old 1.8.7.

I'll test further for some shortcomings with the new ruby.

--
Gruß, Johannes
Täglich http://blog.hehejo.de und du fühlst dich gut.

http://cryptocd.eduforge.org/online_version