[arch-general] new here and need some help, please...

Preston C. gprestonc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 01:41:46 EST 2009

> You shouldn't really have to mess with that file. Your repository list is
> kept in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.
>
> Maybe you could explain a bit more of what environment in particular you
> want.

Thank you for the reply. For now, I would primarily like to get KDE
4.2 up and running, if it is possible; with audio/video playback, etc.

I have been reading the Beginners Guide and am at this section, Step
2: Update, Sync and Upgrade the system with pacman- A: Configuring
pacman. That is why I asked the question.

Below the section I just mentioned it talks about the,
/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist file.

Thanks, this distro sounds amazing! No new OS installs!