[arch-general] Wheel Problem

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Mon Feb 9 05:44:34 EST 2009

I'm using Vmware Server 2.0.

Thanks,

Guillermo Leira

De: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org
[mailto:arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org] En nombre de Abdul Halim
Enviado el: jueves, 05 de febrero de 2009 19:35
Para: General Discusson about Arch Linux
Asunto: Re: [arch-general] Wheel Problem

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:06 AM, David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net>
wrote:

Hmmm ... dunno.  I'm not seeing this in my Arch VM using Fluxbox.  Wheel
down sends button 5 events, and wheel up sends button 4.  I'm using X
hotplugging as well - i.e., evdev and HAL.

I'm using Virtualbox, however.  Sounds like you're using VMWare.

Is the VM up to date with the latest Arch packages?

Not sure what else to tell you.  :-(

DR

Guillermo Leira wrote:

Gnome. And the same in all the other physical and virtual machines.

I forgot to mention this: I copied the vmware server vmdk files, and
booted it in virtualbox. I just removed open-vm-tools and installed
the Vbox Guest Additions, and it works fine...

GLR

-----Mensaje original----- De: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org
[mailto:arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org] En nombre de David
Rosenstrauch Enviado el: jueves, 05 de febrero de 2009 17:08 Para:
General Discusson about Arch Linux Asunto: Re: [arch-general] Wheel
Problem

Guillermo Leira wrote:

Hello!

I have installed Arch in a virtual machine. I'm using the xorg hotplugging
option. I have an annoying problem: When I try to
scroll up using the wheel mouse, I scroll down (a lot). I have used
xev to see what was xorg receiving from the mouse. Wheel down sends
one "button 5" event, but wheel up sends about twenty "button 5".

I have several other VMs in the same computer, and all of them work
 fine. I also have some other Arch VMs in other computers, and they
 work fine. I can't find why this one does not work...

I have tried to modify the hal configuration files, evdev and
vmmouse drivers, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira

Which desktop/window manager are you using in the VM?

DR

I guess you are using Vmware Workstation. Which version?