[arch-general] Step 3: Configure X- B: Input hotplugging

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:01:45 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Preston C. <gprestonc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on the beginners guide and have read some information on
> input hotplugging, and was wondering if it was really necessary to do
> Step 3- section B in the Beginners Guide?
>
> If so, I don't really understand exactly what commands to run and
> which order to run them? Thank you for any help.

I haven't had a look at the beginner's guide, but here is what you should know:

If you are running hal and have an english layout - you should have to
do nothing at all.
If you're not using an english layout, you need to tweak some hal config files
If you're not running hal, you need to disable hotplugging in xorg.conf

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_input_hotplugging