[arch-general] which video card driver- proprietary...

Preston C. gprestonc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:22:09 EST 2009

>> I have a GeForce 7600 GS. I do not know which command to run because I
>> do not know which driver to use. Should I use nvidia-96xx or
>> nvidia-173xx or nvidia ? Thanks.
I am thinking it is the 173xx, but wanted to be sure. It does not tell
me exactly in the Beginners Guide or the Nvidia page in the wiki. The
reason I think it may be the 173xx is because in the beginners guide
it says:

1. nvidia-96xx slightly newer cards up to the GF 4.

2. nvidia-173xx Geforce FX series cards

3. nvidia newest GPUs after the GF FX

Where I get confused is if my card is after the FX cards or not?
Because the box my card came in does not say if it is FX. It is fairly
newer though because it is a 7 series card. Thanks.