[arch-general] [ARCH-GENERAL] alsaplayer gtk2 interfacelost?

Javier Vasquez jevv.cr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 23:05:09 EST 2009

My alsaplayer configuration file includes:

% cat ~/.alsaplayer/config
#
# alsaplayer config file
#
# Only edit this file if the application is not active.
# Any modifications might (will!) be lost otherwise.
#
http.buffer_size=1048576
main.default_interface=gtk2
main.default_output=alsa
main.fallback_interface=text
main.period_count=8
main.period_size=4096
main.play_on_start=false

But when I run alsaplayer with verbosity I get:

% alsaplayer --verbose
AlsaPlayer 0.99.80
(C) 1999-2004 Andy Lo A Foe <andy at alsaplayer.org> and others.
Output plugin: ALSA output v1.9.0beta12
Interface plugin: TEXT interface v1.1
Nothing to play.

I'm not sure why the text interface was started.  I tried changing the
fallback interface to gtk2, and things fail like:

% alsaplayer --verbose
AlsaPlayer 0.99.80
(C) 1999-2004 Andy Lo A Foe <andy at alsaplayer.org> and others.
Output plugin: ALSA output v1.9.0beta12
Failed to load text interface. This is bad (gtk2,gtk2,/usr/lib/alsaplayer)

Any idea why gtk2 alsaplayer interface doesn't seem to work?  The
package is i686:

% pacman -Qs alsaplayer
local/alsaplayer 0.99.80-1

Thanks,