[arch-general] how to mount external hdd

Preston C. gprestonc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 21:29:37 EST 2009

> +1
> If you dont like it unsubscribe.
+2

Yes, as someone else mentioned above there aren't many stupid
questions when it comes, except maybe for pyther's self-rightous
flaming, lol!

The problem I was having got solved, thanks to the very generous and
understanding people on this mailing list. Now I am trying to figure
out the root of the problem, which is a lot more complex, then the
intial question.

I just wanted to see if I could mount the hard drive and access it as
user, which I couldn't. So I copied everything from my external hdd
and cp to /home/user , then ran chown. Now understand what it was
doing so I can get to the root of the problem.