[arch-general] xterm and xorg-apps

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:32:51 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 10:05 -0800, Andrew Przepioski wrote:
>> How come xorg-apps is a dependency for xterm? Been a lil' curious for
>> awhile and have tried figuring it out, but found nothing so I figured
>> I would ask here.
>
> xorg-apps contains luit, which is some kind of dependency to xterm. I'm
> not an xterm user, so I don't know anything more than this about it.

Oh right, thats for unicode.
Since i used to be an xterm user, and i have researched this, see the Gentoo
ebuild: http://gentoo-portage.com/AJAX/Ebuild/54621/View
Its very identical to Arch's PKGBUILD.
Luit is needed for unicode but xterm works just fine without it installed.
Without xmessage koi8xterm doesnt work at all.

--
Greg