[arch-general] Core and Extra repos

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 08:59:18 EST 2009

Should a goal of ArchLinux be that the core and extra repos build without
error.

I am rebuilding all the packages from core and some selected packages from
extra to take advantage of my processor an AMD Athlon processors, which I use
exclusive.

I have used makeworld from a make file and there are several PKGBUILDs that do
not build or build incorrectly.  Some of the packages fail because of
gcc-4.3.2. I have since patched those.

Step  two is to run abs then rsync the abs updates into place and fire up my
make file to build all the updates on my server box and place them into my
custom repos, from cron on Sunday at the zero hour/minute.

If some one would like to test/confirm this here is my Makefile:

.PHONY: cleanstatus cleansrc cleanpkg cleanlog repos clean shutdown update
REPNM := testing
REPOS := /home/packages/$(REPNM)
DBASE := $(REPNM).db.tar.gz
PKGS  := *.pkg.tar.gz

all: repos cleanstatus cleansrc cleanpkg
	makeworld --clean --noconfirm --log --syncdeps --rmdeps $(REPOS) .
	grep fail build.log > failed.log || true
	cat failed.log || true
	grep  error: makepkg.log || true
	date
repos:
	repo-add $(REPOS)/$(DBASE) $(REPOS)/$(PKGS)
	sudo pacman -Syy
clean: cleanstatus cleansrc cleanpkg cleanlog
cleanstatus:
	rm build.log || true
	rm failed.log || true
	rm makepkg.log || true
cleansrc:
	-find . -name src -type d -exec rm -rf '{}' \;
cleanpkg:
	-find . -name pkg -type d -exec rm -rf '{}' \;
cleanlog:
	-find . -name "*.log*" -exec rm '{}' \;
makepkg: clean
	makepkg --clean --noconfirm --log --syncdeps --rmdeps
shutdown: all
	sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now