[arch-general] Pacman 3.2.2 string freeze

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 09:17:06 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 14:48, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 07:08, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> String freeze for the pacman 3.2.2 release is now in effect. Our
>>> pacman translation policy is outlined here. The important sections for
>>> translators are the introduction and up to (and including) pre-release
>>> updates.
>>> http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/translation-help.html
>>>
>>> As stated in the above document, PO files have been made available to translate:
>>> http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/
>>>
>>> I'm shooting for a release approximately 5 days from now, but that
>>> could change depending on how quick we get translations back and sneak
>>> some last-minute fixes in.
>>>
>>> Languages we currently have:
>>> cs:Vojtěch Gondžala <vojtech.gondzala at gmail.com>
>>> de: Matthias Gorissen <matthias at archlinux.de>
>>> en_GB: Jeff Bailes <thepizzaking at gmail.com> (Already complete)
>>> es: Juan Pablo Gonzalez <jotapesan at gmail.com>
>>> fr: Xavier Chantry <shiningxc at gmail.com>
>>> hu: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>
>>> it: Giovanni Scafora <linuxmania at gmail.com>
>>> pl: Mateusz Herych <heniekk at gmail.com>
>>> pt_BR: Hugo Doria <hugo at archlinux.org>
>>> ru: Sergey Tereschenko <serg.partizan at gmail.com>
>>> tr: Samed Beyribey <beyribey at gmail.com>
>>> zh_CN: 甘露(Lu.Gan) <rhythm.gan at gmail.com>
>>
>> Where is this list from?
>> It's missing Ukrainian language. ;-)

Not sure where it is from, probably from the last string freeze mail,
and maybe this list was originally made manually by Dan.
However, we have a more complete and up-to-date list in the
TRANSLATORS file in the git repo.
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=blob;f=TRANSLATORS;hb=HEAD

> Sent an updated translation.
>
> BTW, is it OK that libalpm.pot for 3.2.2 doesn't have any changes?
> (I've not been following the list for months)

I found this curious though, but I thought it was possible and didn't check.
It turns out there is actually one new message, which was added by the
last commit in 3.2.2 :
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=a73ad4f0e3981acab7234e4b17a08a52bd273ab9
+               _alpm_log(PM_LOG_ERROR, _("could not create directory
%s: %s\n"), pkgpath, strerror(errno));

So we will probably need to update all the libalpm po files as well,
for this one message :)