[arch-general] Help need with pkgbuild failure (Solved - sort of)

richard terry rterry at pacific.net.au
Sun Jan 4 00:22:08 EST 2009

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 01:42:19 pm you wrote:
> On Friday 02 January 2009 09:22:10 pm richard terry wrote:
> >  I used to be on this list till my last email address, died, so
> > re-joined. I posted this with a file attachment yesterday and it didn't
> > reach the list, so here it is again, without the file.
> >
> > I've been programming gambas3 for some months, and use a modified
> > PKGBUILD from an old one I obtained ages ago. I've compiled daily updates
> > of Gambas3 svn for the last 9 months, never failed, but now won't work
> > complaining it can't find: -lqt-mt
> >
> > These files seem to be there:
> > /opt/qt/lib/libqt-mt.prl
> > /opt/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so
> > /opt/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
> > /opt/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3
> > /opt/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8
>
> I believe your missing the static library libqt-mt.a
>
> So
>
> recompile your version of qt to have both shared and static libraries by
> adding -static to the qt PKGBUILD (qt-x11-free-3.3.8)
>
>   ./configure -prefix /opt/qt -platform linux-g++$ARCH \
>     -system-zlib -qt-gif -release -shared -static -sm -nis -thread -stl \
>     -{system-lib,plugin-imgfmt-}{png,jpeg,mng} \
>     -no-g++-exceptions -plugin-sql-{mysql,psql,sqlite,odbc}
>
> OR
>
> try adding -shared to your configure line in your Gambas3 PKGBUILD file
>
>  ./configure --disable-qte \
>                     --prefix=/usr \
> 		    -shared
>
> [putolin]
Ok, after hours of searching and trying everything, I found this in the forum
and manually did this to test it.

./configure -C
make LDFLAGS+="-L/opt/qt/lib"
make install

which seemed to work, so I added it to the PKGBUILD and it worked.

Always a pity when  one dosn't understand what one is doing. Why would this be
suddenly needed after many many months of it working without it.

Regards

Richard