[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] WICD, up for grabs

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Sun Jan 4 05:43:44 EST 2009

> IMO it should stay in extra. Its the only decent alternative to netcfg
> if you dont want to use GNOME or KDE.
In my opinion should be in extra too, but if remains in extra and
nobody grab it, it will get more out-of-date.

> And plus its not that out of date, just a sub-version behind.

Probably that "sub-version behind" have important bugfixes, ok, not
out-of-date, but... "not updated" will be correctly for you?.

> updated normally right after previous release.
> What started this thread?

This thread is started by Eduardo 'kensai' who told that WICD is up
for grabs, he wrote that in arch-dev-public, and since no-dev seemed
interested, I replied in this list, is that a crime?.

And btw, isn't a community an official repo?, because several used
apps are in community.

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net