[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] WICD, up for grabs

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Sun Jan 4 07:04:03 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 11:43:44AM +0100, Angel Velásquez wrote:
>>
>> This thread is started by Eduardo 'kensai' who told that WICD is up
>> for grabs, he wrote that in arch-dev-public, and since no-dev seemed
>> interested, I replied in this list, is that a crime?.
>>
> No, but you replied to a discussion which started about a month ago, to
> a different mailing list, without including the text you are replying to,
> which is confusing.

Pal, trust me I didn't replied today, I replied ONE month ago (in
other list because I don't have access in arch-dev-public, btw I asked
for the access for situations like this... ), and I in fact quote it,
see it with your own eyes here:

http://www.nabble.com/Re:--arch-dev-public--WICD,-up-for-grabs-td20865188.html

(as you can see too, nobody replied in arch-dev-public and neither in
arch-general)

>> And btw, isn't a community an official repo?, because several used
>> apps are in community.
>>
> Noone can answer that with 100% accuracy. What does official mean?
> Does it mean that during updates of eg. python, the packages get rebuilt
> along with the ones in core and extra? Then no its not.
> Does official mean, its enabled in /etc/pacman.conf? Then yes it is.

Well, when python2.6 was released, yes we had to rebuilt stuff, like
core or extra, so at least some of "official" community have.

And now that you mention this, I'd like to add that some packages on
extra depends of packages in community (see
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-January/009692.html
) if community isn't an official repo, those dependencies should be in
extra too, even by *hierarchy* (don't know if it's correctly written)
these dependencies should be in extra.

But this is not my point, if no-dev want to maintain wicd, I'd like to
maintain it in community at least.

Cheers

--
Angel Velásquez