[arch-general] Building all packages in core

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 18:47:31 EST 2009

I am presently building all the packages in abs/core against the latest abs
kernel,  glibc and gcc versions.

I think as a goal that the core and extra repositories should be able to build
against the latest tools/kernel (in the repos).

There has been some failures to build for various reasons.
Should I file bug reports or just contact the maintainer for the package?
I don't mean to be a pest with this, I am only trying to help.

FYI:
This is my process:

I have constructed a simple bash script that updates abs then rsyncs that to
my build subdirectory and then runs makeworld.  I have a lockfile so if the
process is not complete before it is scheduled to run again, it will not run
and skip that day.  Upon completion this thing emails me the results both
successful builds as well as a list of failures.

I will then have a look at the failures and then file bugs reports/contacts if
needed.

I have placed the script into my crontab which occurs nitely until the bulk of
this is complete then I am going to set it to  occur every Sunday @ 00:00:00.

I will then use this custom repository to keep all my systems here up to date.

Thanks.