[arch-general] 2.6.28 to core?

Gerhard Brauer gerhard.brauer at web.de
Wed Jan 14 06:23:52 EST 2009

Am Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:38:25 +0100
schrieb Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>:

> 2009/1/14 wain <wain at archlinux.fr>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Virtualbox modules can't be compiled anymore with 2.6.28.
> Virtualbox isn't the cause because kernel2.6.28 isn't in [core].
> Btw, there is a bug report[1] solved for build virtualbox under
> 2.6.28.
>
> [1] http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2936

Ok, that's something the virtualbox-ose maintainer have to deal with.
We could put this info in a announce mail for those users which have to
build their modules locally, before the community-package gets
updated. AFAIK this could be handled better in the future, when
community packages could also use [testing].

Gerhard