[arch-general] new kernel 2.6.27 or 2.6.28

Leonid Grinberg lgrinberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:37:08 EST 2009

I don't have that particular problem, but I did have a similar one.
After upgrading to 2.6.28, the system, on boot, would give an
ominous-sounding message about not recognising my sound card
(which, ironically, turned out to be a red herring), blurt out that it can't
connect to X and hang -- I'd get a blank screen, no X, and no display of
virtual terminals. Everything else, including the keyboard, worked fine,
which meant it wasn't the kernel.

After booting into single-user mode, I upgraded the (properietary) nvidia driver
and everything seemed to work. Just my two cents, as useless as they
probably are.

--
Leonid