[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28.1-1

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:27:22 EST 2009

2009/1/20 Attila <attila at invalid.invalid>:
> I suggest to do this
>
> MODULES=(!pcspkr tun fuse loop)
>
> but from my view the most problem with this "very usefull" -)) pcspkr is that
> he wants to grab the first slot.
>
> You can avoid this with a file and mine looks so:
>
> # cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound
> options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig power_save=60 enable=1 index=0
> options snd-pcsp enable=1 index=2
> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
>
> For me this works as the best and perhaps for you too.

pcspkr and snd-pcsp are two different modules. The former provides you
with the usual "beep" sounds, the latter tries to use the speaker as a
sound card when your sound card is not supported or you don't have one
at all. As far as I know, only snd-pcsp, sharing the alsa backend, can
conflict with other modules. So there should be no need to blacklist
pcspkr if it is wanted. It's ok to blacklist snd-pcsp or use the
index=2 option, though.

Corrado