[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28.1-1

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 05:17:52 EST 2009

2009/1/21 bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/21 David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net>:
>> I tried everything that everyone suggested in this thread, but no dice.
>>  Definitely a bug in 2.6.28.  :-(
>
> I managed to get a partial success (most of my mixer got back, but
> sound still doesn't come out, and I think it's because of a missing
> switch) by using the latest alsa-1.0.19. This, be warned, means
> recompiling the kernel with some PKGBUILD modifications, nothing
> really difficult, but takes some time. Instructions are here:
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/AlsaBuild2.6#Overwrite_alsa_in_the_kernel_source.28updated_2006-12-26.29

I made it! Maybe I was too tired yesterday, don't know what I did, but
it seems that the old settings work with alsa 1.0.19, so i have my
sound back by passing model=mbp3. An interesting feature of the new
alsa-driver is the experimental capability to (finally!) reset the
card's status when unloading the driver, and I found out it works well
for me.
If you need 2.6.28, then it's worth to give it a shot, but I think the
new alsa will only be merged in 2.6.29...

C.