[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28.1-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 21 07:17:36 EST 2009

bardo schrieb:
> 2009/1/21 David Rosenstrauch <darose at darose.net>:
>> I tried everything that everyone suggested in this thread, but no dice.
>>  Definitely a bug in 2.6.28.  :-(
>
> I managed to get a partial success (most of my mixer got back, but
> sound still doesn't come out, and I think it's because of a missing
> switch) by using the latest alsa-1.0.19. This, be warned, means
> recompiling the kernel with some PKGBUILD modifications

It doesn't: You can download the standalone alsa-driver package, compile
it and install the modules to /lib/modules/2.6.28-ARCH/updates (I think
you can just replace /kernel/ with /updates/ in a Makefile, you'll have
to figure out the details).

The module in /updates/ will override the ones delivered with our kernel
package, but you won't have file conflicts.