[arch-general] phonon: gstreamer support will be dropped

Paulo Matias matias at archlinux-br.org
Fri Jan 23 13:04:16 EST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Alberto Gonzalez <info at gnebu.es> wrote:
> Gstreamer has its problems, but it's used by all the gnome people (most
> Ubuntu/Fedora users and more) so it's can't be that bad. Not as to not allow
> users to use it if they want to.

The last time I checked, sound didn't work with the Xine backend when
using OSS - http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OSS#KDE_Phonon

Later I will check if this problem still persists and see if there is
a solution for making it to work with the Xine backend.

Does someone already has a solution or knows if it is working now?

Best regards,

Paulo Matias