[arch-general] thunar-thumbnailer

pyther pyther at pyther.net
Mon Jan 26 07:07:30 EST 2009

I had a similar issue with mpd. You should just be able to recompile
ffmpegthumbnailer (and possibly thunar-thumbnailer). If you have trouble
recompiling, add a comment to the ffmpegthumbnailer aur page. If you don't
get a response in a day or two, then send pressh an email, as he is the
maintainer of the package.

~pyther

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:02:47 -0200, Marco Antonio Gomez  wrote: Using
Openbox + Thunar + Thunar thumbnailer in Arch (completely updated), I
noticed that thunar-thumbnailer, since last week, does not generate video
thumbnails anymore.

AFAIK, the problem is related to a new version of ffmpeg... My system
messages show me that ffmpegthumbnailer looks out for a libavcodec.so.51
(lib that used to be provided by ffmpeg package, that was recently replaced
by libavcodec.so.52.10.0). But the newer version of ffmpegthumbnailer in
community, still looks for libavcodec.so.51. Then... obviously "error while

I've
already tried to create a symbolic link named libavcodec.so.51
pointing to libavcodec.so.52.10.0, and when I try to do that, the
ffmpegthumbnailer returns "Error: Could not find video stream"

 I've also tried to recompile ffmpeg and also ffmped-thumbnailer and all
of it's dependencys from the newer versions of each one in AUR, but it was
a frustrated attempt.

Anybody else reports the same issues? If positive, any workaround to make
it work?

Regards,

Marco Antonio Gomez.