[arch-general] Lancelot in KDE 4.2

Leonid Grinberg lgrinberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:52:59 EST 2009

Hi all,

It appears that Lancelot (http://lancelot.fomentgroup.org/main) is
broken in Arch. Running "lancelot" opens no menu. According to [1],
this is caused by a lack of
/usrshare/dbus-1/services/org.kde.lancelot.service However, I have
that file in the directory.

Moreover, I discovered that lancelot seems to be provided by two
different packages. One of them is "kdeplasma-addons". The other is
"lancelot". Both, I think, are maintained by Pierre. Reinstalling
kdeplasma-addons doesn't seem to fix the problem, and installing
lancelot without --force is impossible, since it tries to create files
that are already there (this is despite the fact that lancelot and
kdeplasma-addons are not marked as conflicting with each other). If
you do include --force, it gives you missing library errors, but this
seems like a bad approach anyway.

Does anyone know what can be done about this?

--
Leonid Grinberg

[1] http://lancelot.fomentgroup.org/faq#menu-doesnt-open