[arch-general] modprobe changes

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:05:11 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Baho Utot<baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I am getting a message on boot that I need to change the modules line in
> rc.conf to the "new way" which is to put the conf file into modprobe.d.
>
> Is there any info on this?
>
> I have some modules I want to blacklist and some to load.
>
> Is the format the same as modprobe.conf? ( I presume )
>
> I take it I can just add a file like this
>
> net-pf-10.conf that contains
>
> blacklist net-pf-10

I think you're mistaken. Our modprobe doesn't have any message of the
sort, relating to Arch. The error you are seeing is due to a change in
the way modprobe parses config files. It used to read
/etc/modprobe.conf and/or /etc/modprobe.d/* - now it only reads
/etc/modprobe.d/*.conf

The message is modprobe telling you something is wrong with the config
files. Most likely you just have a .pacsav file in /etc/modprobe.d/