[arch-general] Eee binary repo?

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Sat Jul 4 21:32:38 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Magnus Therning<magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> I've seen quite a few Eee-related packages on AUR.  Is there a
> recommended repo with binary versions I can use?
>
> Ideally I'd like to avoid havig to compile on my Eee, I'd also like to
> avoid having to install a 32-bit desktop system just to compile for my
> Eee :-)

Which packages are you thinking about?
 - laptop-mode-tools-superhe, acpi-eeepc-generic, acpi-eee* - shell
script, no compilation
 - eee-control - python, no compilation (afaik it has no binary components).
 - kernel: Atom based eee: Use the kernel in [core], it has
everything. Celeron based eee: Dan's repository[1].
 - kernel modules: Most in the AUR are outdated or already merged to
vanilla - kernel26 in [core].

Even then, most packages in the are a few minutes compile. I'm using
my eee as my primary dev machine at the moment.

James

[1] http://www.toofishes.net/blog/arch-eee-repository/
Best for Celeron based eees (700 and some 900?) only. Last time I
checked there was no HT support which the Atom gains significant
benefits due to it's in-order architecture.