[arch-general] CTRL-C stops working in bash 4.0

Henning Garus henning.garus at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:19:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Damjan Georgievski<gdamjan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that ctrl-c randomly stops working in the new bash?
> I use rxvt-unicode 9.06-2 and it happens in a terminal where ctrl-c
> worked while typing bash commands, it will suddenly stop working ie
> bash will not recognise the key-press.

There was a bug which stopped ctrl-c from working prior to bash
4.0.020 which appeared in conjunction with urxvt and tiling WMs, there
is a thread on the urxvt ML [1] and on gnu.bash.bug [2]. This should
be fixed by now. Are you using the newest bash package?

[1] http://lists.schmorp.de/pipermail/rxvt-unicode/2009q2/000923.html
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.bash.bug/browse_thread/thread/f1729727b17a6dd6/8fb77fe31705fabb