[arch-general] KDE4 plasma desktop and background image

Manne Merak mannemerak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:58:17 EDT 2009

Allan McRae wrote:
> Manne Merak wrote:
>> Anyone else also having problems changing the background image in
>> KDE4 plasma desktop.
>> Trying to browse to a folder with images in it crashes Plasma.
>
> Any chances of giving us some useful information?  What KDE are you
> using (in [extra], [kde-unstable], a KDEmod flavour).  Are you using
> the [testing] repo?
>
> Allan

Yes, sorry, was bit quick on that send button.
KDE4 4.2.4 on extra.
When I start plasma from commandline I cant seem to get it to crash?
Now it just opens a dialog box with nothing in it.  Empty dir listing
box.  Navigating to any dir does nothing and locks up plasma (bottom
panel and other plasmoids not responding).  After a while it times out
and then back to empty dir listing in the open dialog.

Hope this helps.   Any way to het some more debug from plasma?

Manne