[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] WARNING: libjpeg rebuilds are entering [testing] - devs get building!

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 8 03:13:26 EDT 2009

Eric Bélanger wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Pierre Schmitz<pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 01 July 2009 14:12:05 Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>>> Devs, please remember to mark off rebuilt packages from the TODO list as
>>> you go.
>>>
>> sane-frontends and netpbm do not compile.
>>

> I just commited a patch for netpbm  to fix some of the compile
> problems. It still needs more patching to compile. The remaining error
> is:
>
> jpeg.c: In function `ReadJPEG':
> jpeg.c:473: error: `struct jpeg_decompress_struct' has no member named
> `min_DCT_scaled_size'
>
> This is because min_DCT_scaled_size is no longer defined in libjpeg's
> header files. I don't know how to fix it.  I wasn't able to find any
> patches. It seems that the libjpeg update is too new.

Reading the libjpeg.h seems that replacing with min_DCT_v_scaled_size is
fine. Quote from header: "Therefore, the IDCT output contains
v_samp_factor*DCT_v_scaled_size sample rows of a component per iMCU row."

buffer_height = cinfo.max_v_samp_factor * cinfo.min_DCT_v_scaled_size;

But maybe I wrong.

BTW: should be compiled with -fno-strict-aliasing there are some
warnings about this, and the code can or not work correctly.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar