[arch-general] Package release bump?

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jul 8 09:42:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 23:04 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Baho Utot wrote:
> > I am following the process for the rebuild of all the package that
> > depends on libjpeg.
> >
> > When rebuilding packages due to another package like libjpeg does the
> > package release number for the dependent package get bumped?
> >

> If I understand you correctly, you can add a versioned dependency on the
> updated pkgrel.
>
> e.g. imagemagick in [testing] has deps on lcms>=1.18-2 and libwmf>=0.2.8.4-5
>
> Allan

For example:

(from another email for libjpeg

Giovanni Scafora <giovanni at archlinux.org>
<arch-dev-public at archlinux.org>
Subject: 	Re: [arch-dev-public] WARNING: libjpeg rebuilds are entering
[testing] - devs get building!
)

"I just rebuilt following pkgs for testing x86_64 only:

xmoto
scribus
kile
kdetv
graphicsmagick
gimp-ufraw
hugin
enblend-enfuse
kipi-plugins
stellarium
tuxpuck
transcode
fox
centerim

Do the packages above get the pkgrel bumped because of the change in
libjpeg

Or does the pkgrel number stay the same?

I have a "builder script" that does an abs sync the builds only the
packages in core/extra/local that have changed.  It runs from cron on
Sunday 1:00am.  If I make a new PKGBUILD for a package I need I place it
into "local" and the script then builds it automatically.  I build the
whole core/extra/local with optimizations for AMD k8.

I then sync all my boxen from my repos.

If the soname changes as in libjpeg and the packages that use libjpeg
don't change ( the pkgrel stays the same ) then the only package that
gets built would be libjpeg and none of the ones that depend on it.

I hope that helps to explain my question.