[arch-general] Arch Linux on Freerunner

Jaime Oyarzun Knittel joyarzun at alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl
Fri Jul 10 11:29:21 EDT 2009

Alper KANAT wrote:
> Hey There,
>
> I've never heard of BeagleBoard. As a user of it, have you tried playing HD?
> I really would like to have one if can play various formats of digital video
> and of course on Arch!
>
> Cheers!

I tried the Angstrom distribution, connected to a DVI-capable monitor
through the HDMI port on the beagle. I only tried to play a 720p video,
but the problem was the speed of the SD card so the framerate wasn't good.

Maybe with arch+mplayer+patches it'll do better, because it has a DSP
chip. But I don't plan to test it soon because my goal is to stream
compressed video from a webcam via wi-fi, and I don't have a monitor to
test on :P

I'd highly recommend this piece of hardware, it's cheap, has audio
in/out, a powerful processor, HDMI/S-Video connector and a mini-usb port.

Keep checking http://archmobile.org/.

--
mitoyarzun
http://www.archlinux.cl/