[arch-general] Arch Linux on Freerunner

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Jul 10 12:12:47 EDT 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:11:24 +0200
"Stefano Z." <ml.iscrizioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> GREAT!
> I've a n800 , but i prefere to wait some more packages will become
> available :)
>
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Giovanni Scafora
> <giovanni at archlinux.org>wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I just noticed this project [1], It's awesome. :-)
> > What do you think about?
> > Cheers,
> >
> > [1] http://archmobile.org/trac/wiki/AFR
> >
> > --
> > Arch Linux Developer
> > http://www.archlinux.org
> > http://www.archlinux.it

Hi,
When you install Arch on a device such as the freerunner, nokia n800,
(t-mobile G1/2/3 ?) do you still have the ability to make/receive phone
calls and sms'es?  I'm looking for the perfect personal organizer
(linux with extensive userland so I can run/do everything I want, good
keyboard etc) that can also function as a phone. (see
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=75385 )

I'm not afraid of hacking a bit myself but in the end I want reliable
phone-features as well.

I would really appreciate your input.
thanks
Dieter