[arch-general] makepkg security

Square toolman33 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 14:22:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:00:47PM -0400, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> I don't think that should really be the default, personally. Sudo has
> been fine, I don't know of anyone having an actual issue with misuse.

I agree with the idea that it should be up to the user to secure their
system. I went ahead and made sudo timeout much quicker after realizing
this. Your point, however, that people haven't run into any misuse is a
double-edged sword.

For one, it's great that we need not worry considering the community is
very friendly rather than malicious. Then again, ignorance could be
harmful if someone were to decide to create malicious content.

I don't see a need to change anything as it is unless the changes
provided are optional.