[arch-general] libreadline.so issues

Samuel Baldwin shardz4217 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:00:18 EDT 2009

The other day I tried to install K3B on my x86_64 laptop, and midway
through it I got some errors, so I ran pacman -Sy k3b and it got about
midway through before I started getting error messages about the
computer not being able to find libreadline.so. I use zsh as my shell
for my normal user, but bash for root, and I couldn't login as root
anymore. I shutdown the machine (sudo worked, thankfully, but not sudo
-s), but now when I boot I get errors when it tries to enter runlevel
3 (I haven't played with any runlevel stuff):

/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5:
INIT: Entering runlvel: 3
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5:

I could just wipe / and start over, but I'd prefer to find a better
way to deal with this. I haven't installed anything on my desktop
(x86_64 as well) for fear this is will trash that machine as well. Any
suggestions?
--
Samuel 'Shardz' Baldwin - staticfree.info/~samuel