[arch-general] xfce4-menu-plugin broken after latest libjpeg update

sergeantspoon at archlinux.us sergeantspoon at archlinux.us
Tue Jul 14 15:34:04 EDT 2009

When I started my Arch laptop today after applying updates last night, I noticed that the XFCE menu button was not there. After further investigation, I found this in /var/log/slim.log:

/usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins/xfce4-menu-plugin: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have the following relevant packages installed:

libjpeg 7-1
xfwm4 4.6.1-1
xfdesktop 4.6.1-1

I really hate having to maneuver around my desktop without a menu button. Any help is greatly appreciated...