[arch-general] Perplexing libjpeg-related packaging issue

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 06:52:55 EDT 2009

2009/7/15 bardo <ilbardo at gmail.com>:
> The package was created with makechrootpkg in a clean chroot. How is
> it even possible to link with two different versions of the same
> library? And where did it get the old version, since it didn't exist
> in the chroot?

I may start to understand... The command I posted was from a vitual
machine that I didn't fully upgrade, I just fired it up to check a
user claim of the problem. So... it seems that ldd reports shared
libraries for dependencies, and there was something not fully upgraded
that still looked for libjpeg.so.62: after a full upgrade of the
system the problem disappeared. Is that possible?

Corrado