[arch-general] emacs-cvs do not run after libjpeg updated

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Wed Jul 15 17:27:53 EDT 2009

On Mittwoch, 15. Juli 2009 22:50 Stefan Husmann wrote:

> no, that might break a hundred of other packages you might have
> installed. The best way would be to wait for the mirror syncing or to
> rebuild emacs-cvs using abs.

First, i'm not waiting for emacs-cvs.-) My problem is that i don't know what
will happens with my own kde3 packages if i will do this big upgrade.
Therefore i'm looking for the best workaround.

I don't understand what will be the problem if i make a package which include
only libjpeg.so.62.0.0 plus his symlink libjpeg.so.62 and which i can install
parallel to the new libjpeg package.

For me non-profi this sounds good if i don't take the include files from the
old package but i will be even thankfull if you tell me something about the
possible problems what i have overseen.

Second, waiting is not a problem because at the moment i have enough to do
compiling my kde3 packages with the news gcc ... perhaps this is the reason
why searching the web for patches is not my first option.-)

See you, Attila