[arch-general] mirrors

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Jul 16 11:19:11 EDT 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:13:46 -0400
Andrei Thorp <garoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excerpts from David Rosenstrauch's message of Thu Jul 16 11:04:45
> -0400 2009:
> > Anyone know what's up with the mirrors?  Looks like nearly all the
> > US mirrors (RIT, SUU, EasyNews, UMFlint, GaTech, VT - even
> > Schlunix) are running 1-2 days old.  Only mirror that seems to have
> > new packages is Unixheads, and it's *dog slow*.
>
> Maybe as a result of the SVN transition that's going on just now?
> Should be resolved soon enough, I figure

GerBra has replied to the topic '[Announce] Mirror Status' to which you are subscribed. There may be more new replies, but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the board again.

The message reads as follows:

Another massive out-of-sync "explosion" of US+EU mirrors.
Seems to be related with huge transfer during the libjpeg update.

So when doing currently a -Syu make sure you use an synced mirror to avoid getting not only the new libjpeg, but also other new packages which depend on libjpeg...
And if you switch a mirror: Don't forget to do a pacman -Syy