[arch-general] PHP 5.2 makedepends

ludovic coues couesl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 13:08:05 EDT 2009

2009/7/8 Dan Vratil <vratil at progdansoft.com>

> Hi,
> I'm trying to build PHP 5.3. I use PKGBUILD for current PHP 5.2.10 and I
> found
> there something weird in makedepends field. There are packages imap and
> smtp-
> server. Smtp-server is provided by courier-mta, but courier-mta conflicts
> with
> imap, so we have unresolvable conflict.
> I think this should be fixed (should I open bugzilla report?) or am I
> missing
> something?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

I get this error every time I compile php with the PKGBUILD. And this is an
issue for me, 'cause I need to change a compile flag with my yaws config.

If there is already a bugreport, sorry for the trouble.

Any way, if you know every others dep are OK, you may simply pass a -d
argument to makepkg. It's my way of doing thing. Probably wrong, as well as
my server's config, accessing php directly trough the binary, without any
redirection of anykind. PHP like to display warning for this.