[arch-general] [signoff] dhclient-3.1.2p1
daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Sun Jul 19 17:05:46 EDT 2009
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 16:27:20 -0400
Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Daniel
> Isenmann<daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:08:21 +0200
> > Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >> Daniel Isenmann schrieb:
> >> > Please signoff both architectures. The new version fixes
> >> > CVE-2009-0692 (https://www.isc.org/node/468).
> >> >
> >> > I have cleaned up the PKGBUILD and removes our patches. So please
> >> > test it carefully and report any issue to the bugtracker or the
> >> > ML. On works here on my PC, but it needs definitely more testing.
> >> >
> >> > Daniel
> >> >
> >> Did you remove the patch to dhclient-script? I added a patch in
> >> there ages ago to kill all the "down" on the ifconfig lines. If you
> >> reverted that patch, mac80211 wireless cards will fail to work with
> >> dhclient, as bringing the interface down on a DHCPNAK will render
> >> the wireless connection unusable.
> > Yes I have removed. I have asked before on the dev-public but nobody
> > answered. I will release a new pkgrel with added patch soon.
> > Any other things about the patches I should know?
> It conflicts with dhcp:
> error: could not prepare transaction
> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/boolean.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/dst.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/int.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/lang.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/list.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/result.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/isc-dhcp/types.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/omapip/alloc.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/omapip/buffer.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/include/omapip/omapip.h exists in filesystem
> dhclient: /usr/lib/libomapi.a exists in filesystem
> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
I will remove those headers from the dhclient package. Thanks for
More information about the arch-general