[arch-general] What to do about the "blender" package?

Alessandro Doro ordo.ad at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:46:25 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:28:51PM +0200, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> On 19.07.2009 12:42, Alessandro Doro wrote:

> >> There is also a request about building to SCons:
> >> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14893
> >> and there is a PKGBUILD too (for stable, not svn version).
> >>

> > That PKGBUILD needs a cleanup; depends and makedepends are wrong.
> > I'll soon post an updated version.
> >
> > FYI I had success with the NaN method.
> > The "key" is (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14766#comment46628):
> > export NAN_DEBUG=-O
> > Today I'll work for a PKGBUILD.
> >

> I fixed both packages and uploaded them. Take whichever you want.
> http://doubleskill.de/svens_stuff/blender-pkgs.tar.gz

So you're providing a (scons) PKGBUILD for x86_64 with '-march=i686' and
'-mtune=generic' compile flags?

Note that all you need (no sedding) for the NaN method is, not reviewed:
export NAN_NO_PLUGIN=true
export NAN_PYTHON_VERSION=2.6
export INTERNATIONAL=true
export WITH_BF_OPENMP=true
export NAN_USE_FFMPEG_CONFIG=true
export NAN_ODE=/usr
export WITH_VERSE=true
export NAN_DEBUG=-O
and a patch (assuming we DO want sound):
- NAN_SND_LIBS += $(NAN_OPENAL)/lib/libopenal.a
+ NAN_SND_LIBS += -lopenal
in source/Makefile