[arch-general] What to do about the "blender" package?

Andrei Thorp garoth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:06:25 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Sven-Hendrik Haase's message of Mon Jul 20 09:58:43 -0400 2009:
> On 20.07.2009 15:46, Andrei Thorp wrote:
> > Excerpts from Allan McRae's message of Sun Jul 19 00:00:53 -0400 2009:
> >
> >> So the package is out-of-date and the new version does not build?  Could
> >> be a reason why it is not updated...
> >>

> > I recall Blender not having support for python 2.6 at some point (while
> > we had 2.6). It seems some folks have now successfully built Blender
> > with 2.6 support, but it seeems woefully unofficial.
> >
> > I wonder what can be done about that.
> >
> Doesn't Blender 2..49a have Python 2.6 support by default? At least the
> Windows downloads on blender.org come with Python 2.5 OR Python 2.6.

I briefly read that they were hoping to push it in for Blender 2.5, but
perhaps what I read was incorrect/outdated. I'd actually been running
Python 2.5 in parallel with 2.6 for a while for the blender support, and
it's a pita :)

I'm hoping it'll be fixed up.
--
Andrei Thorp, Developer: Xandros Corp. (http://www.xandros.com)