[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Most up-to-date distro

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Mon Jul 20 19:48:51 EDT 2009

Pierre Chapuis wrote:
> Le Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:07:15 -0400,
> Daniel J Griffiths <ghost1227 at archlinux.us> a écrit :
>

>> I'm working on a script for arch that does this.
>>

> I'm working on something like that too, to help me monitor my AUR packages. I haven't done anything much yet though, and I have begun to write it in Lua which is probably a bad idea because most people don't know it.
>
> Could you share your code somewhere so that we don't duplicate the work?

You may well have more success than I do. Finding the current upstream
version for packages on hosting sites is easy, doing it for joe schmoe's
website isn't so simple... If all you want to do is monitor what
packages you maintain that are actually /marked/ out of date, that's
simple.. I could throw together a shell script for that in a few seconds
(let me know if you think I should).

--
Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227)
griffithsdj at archlinux.us