[arch-general] PCI modems

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 23 08:29:19 EDT 2009

RedShift wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm currently searching for a PCI modem that will be used to receive
> faxes. I've tried out a few modems but they all use conexant chipsets,
> which need out-of-tree kernel drivers and currently doesn't work here
> (kernel oops when the installation script modprobes the driver).
>
> Does anyone know of a PCI modem that works out of the box with in-tree
> kernel drivers?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Glenn

Hi

Any PCI _real_ modem (not soft/win modem) will work without any special
driver, just the driver for serial ports. No need to fight with special
drivers ;)

Modems like US Robbotics 0727 is ideal. The only problem maybe is find
where to buy today. Search for "0727 modem" in ebay:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/l7d9xj

Good Luck!

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )