[arch-general] Pacman version 2.98 or pacman 3.0

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jul 26 06:35:04 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 18:23 -0700, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The current version just have too many dependencies to be able to use
> >> them.  The older one only needs libtar,fakeroot and libdownload.  THe
> >> new one requires somewhere around 10.
> >
> > pacman itself only requires libarchive and libdownload/libfetch...
> > makepkg and friends bring in the other deps.
> >
> > Also note that the old pacman did not use libdownload - that was added
> > in 3.0 I believe
> >
> > Still... the old versions are just bad compared to the current pacman
>
> https://dev.archlinux.org/packages/core/i686/pacman/
>
> Deps are libarchive, libdownload, bash, and the mirrorlist package...
> what are you having a problem with?

Secure Connection Failed

dev.archlinux.org uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

    * This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it
could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the
error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

          Or you can add an exception…

Then:

Developer Login

Username: