[arch-general] Cisco VPN config

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 15:52:54 EDT 2009

Hi :)

On Sunday 26 July 2009 18:57:07 Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Rafa Griman schrieb:
> > Got a Cisco VPN connection with my office, but can't manage to get it
> > running. I've seen that there's a:
> >
> > 	- vpnc package: installed it, but it doesn't import the .pcf file,
> > 	  says it can't find the file.
>
> pcf2vnc /path/to/file.pcf

Didn't know of that command 0:)

> Seems easy. When it says it can't find the file, then you specified the
> wrong file. So what exactly is the problem?

Well the problem is (hope I could write was, but haven't tried it yet ;) that
the path is right and so's the file. I'll try now with the pcf2vpnc command.

Thanks for the tip !!!

> > 	- cisco-vpnclient: but it's out-dated
>
> This software is the greatest piece of shit ever published from what I
> know. But what do you expect from Cisco? A company that solves security
> problems by preventing the details from being published can not be taken
> seriously. And a company that sells a VPN appliance that is insecure by
> design can't either.

I know it sucks, had to patch it and patch it again when I used openSUSE
because it didn't work. AFAIK they have no 64 bit VPN client, they have no up
to date Linux VPN client, ... I'm not a Cisco fan, but my company has Cisco
gateways/firewalls/whatever and I have no voice into that matter :(

Thanks once again for your help :)

   Rafa

--
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."

rgriman at skype.com
rgriman at jabberes.org