[arch-general] Cisco VPN config

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 27 13:38:39 EDT 2009

Ray Kohler schrieb:
> I usually recommend strongSwan (which is in AUR) for interoperability
> with Cisco concentrators. It works quite well, but it's not simple to
> set up initially. I still believe it to be the best technical
> solution, but it would be beyond me to explain how to do it, via
> email, and for an unfamiliar situation.

I was under the impression the only thing that worked with Cisco's
proprietary xauth protocol was vpnc. (Apart from authentication, it is
only IPSEC IIRC)

I am so glad now that I don't need that shit anymore, because my
university is now offering an OpenVPN server as an alternative. It's not
only free and secure, but also compatible with virtually any platform or
operating system you could think of - if not, it can be ported to it.